Monday, June 9, 2008

Psalm 10:1-7

Psalm 10
1 [a]Why, O LORD, do you stand far off?
Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?

2 In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak,
who are caught in the schemes he devises.

3 He boasts of the cravings of his heart;
he blesses the greedy and reviles the LORD.

4 In his pride the wicked does not seek him;
in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

5 His ways are always prosperous;
he is haughty and your laws are far from him;
he sneers at all his enemies.

6 He says to himself, "Nothing will shake me;
I'll always be happy and never have trouble."

7 His mouth is full of curses and lies and threats;
trouble and evil are under his tongue.

Seems that the wicked feel as if they shouldn't be accountable for their sins. Well, we all know there is a time for that. We will all be held accountable. Many of us wonder why we, the followers of Christ, are made to suffer so while the wicked hold high positions, influencing people in ways that are detrimental to their livelihood.

I know that there is a plan for all. God does not promise us a life without suffering, but He does promise that He will care for us. I know that he cares for me, because I am able to move about this world without worry, having the feeling in my heart that God cares for me. He shows me everyday, through the people I see and talk to, to the job I have, to my parents and my beloved friends.

I don't have it all together. No one does. I will be successful in all I do, and I will triumph when those who left me behind wanted me to fail. I realize I don't have true enemies, but people who are trapped in the darkness just like I was, scared and too obstinate to believe that they could ever be wrong about anything in life.

When reading that last sentence you may thing that I am being a hypocrite, like I believe I am always right. Never, but I do know what is right. We find evil everyday in every crevice, on any street and any room. It's there, and we can't hide from it. But we can dispel the evil inclinations that arrive when are minds are left lying open for the enemy to step in and take over.

Follow the Lord, and speak with Him daily. He will direct your path, and seal the goodness of your ways. He will give you healing, just as He did me. Though I am no saint, I will say that I am purposeful in my intentions to be a good and caring Christian. Although goodness is by no means a thermometer for a better life. God is the gauge. Trust in Him.

No comments: