Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nude

One of my very favorites on the album 'In Rainbows', I visited the lyrics page just to see what the heck he was saying. Kinda deep. Thom's gotta be the king of minimalism. Short on words, big on impact. Makes me think of Canada and all the time I spent there only to realize that I belonged somewhere else. That there was something "missing" all along. The irony is that the first time I heard this song I was there in Vancouver. But I never knew what they lyrics were. I would listen to this song time and time again...and never looked the words up. But Gods hears. He sees. And now I know why I needed to see these words now and not then.

Funny how much you can see when the sky ain't clouded.


"Nude"

Don't get any big ideas
They're not gonna happen

You paint yourself white
And fill up with noise
But there'll be something missing

Now that you've found it, it's gone
Now that you feel it, you don't
You've gone off the rails

So don't get any big ideas
They're not gonna happen

You'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking

No comments: